What's the difference

Monday, July 21, 2008

Ok so we bought these Yam cakes which I find to be not all that tasty myself but they are sweet and sometimes you just need that little pick-me-up. Anyway I always though a yam was a sweet potato but now I learn that is not so at all. According to an article on about.com a Yam "is not even distantly related to the sweet potato." I thought the two words sweet potato and yam were interchangeable and much like the sweet cornbread of the North it just depended on how you were brought up as to what you called those long potatoes that were all orange inside.
Yam's can grow up to 7 feet in length! Holy crap that is long you could feed a whole family with one Yam.


I love purple!! This cake is made from a Ube or purple yam. I do not know how it would taste but the color makes me want to take a pig bite out of it. Maybe I will see if I can find some to try.

0 your two cents:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 
 
 
Creative Commons License
This work by Rayna Nielsen is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.