Book Review - Liam the Leprechaun

Sunday, August 22, 2010

I recently received LIAM THE LEPRECHAUN by Charles A. Wilkinson from the author for review and was immediately taken by the illustration of little Liam on the front cover, so was my son. My son is three years old and although he loves for me to read to him I was concerned at first that Liam the Leprechaun would be too much for him, too many words and not enough pictures, so I set it on the shelf to read later on my own.
Well, I was wrong the night the book arrived when I asked my son to pick a book for bedtime he went to my book shelf and picked Liam the Leprechaun. So we read one chapter for bed and another for nap time until we finished the whole book. He loved it! He remembered the story and loved the character of Liam the littlest Leprechaun who turns out to be not so little by the end of the story.
This story imparts the virtues of believing in yourself and using the abilities you have that make you special to help others. Liam is such a lovable character, just look at the little guy, isn't he the cutest thing you've ever seen? He is kind to all even through his frustrations of learning to take his problem of being so small, embracing it and turning it into an asset. Parents and little ones both will enjoy the tale of Liam the Leprechaun.

1 your two cents:

charleywilks said...

Rayna,
Thank you for your review of LIAM. I would have thought age three too young but am delight4ed your son made friends with LIAM. I hope many others do as well. Charlie Wilkinson

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 
 
 
Creative Commons License
This work by Rayna Nielsen is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.