Happy Mardi Gras

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I want to wish everyone a happy Mardi Gras. Even though none of the rest of the country even celebrates Mardi Gras (they should) it is a great holiday. It is a day when you are allowed even supposed to party before the 40 days of Lent. Here in New Orleans it is a great day everyone is out of school and off work (almost everywhere closes for Mardi Gras) everyone has a smile on their face and as you pass people on the street wishes of "happy Mardi Gras" are heard all around. It is a great day of release. If everyone enjoyed or allowed themselves to enjoy the release that Mardi Gras brings the world would be a happier place.

The little guy and I walked through the French Quarter today watching the people and enjoying the camaraderie of the day. I really am excited to be able to expose him to such rich traditions. I know some of you are thinking "what the Hell is she talking about? I thought Mardi Gras was about boobies!" To you I say...um...no.

Want to know more about this great city and the weird things they, I mean we do here?

Read a book,this is a good one:

0 your two cents:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 
 
 
Creative Commons License
This work by Rayna Nielsen is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.