The Vanishing PUmpkin

Thursday, September 30, 2010


With Halloween right around the corner I picked up The Vanishing Pumpkin by Tony Johnston at the local library. At first read I wasn't in love with the story of a 700 year old woman and an 800 year old man in search of their pumpkin, which has been "snitched" by, it turns out, a 900 year old wizard. Who would have thought? But my son was instantly drawn to it, he loves the interesting characters and the lyrical and repetitive way the story is presented. Now that I have read it a few times it is starting to grow on me too.

0 your two cents:

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 
 
 
Creative Commons License
This work by Rayna Nielsen is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.