Thomas The Tank Engine LIVE!!

Friday, July 17, 2009


That's right we went to see Thomas the Tank Engine live and in person. It was great, I loved it and so did the little guy. I wasn't sure how he would handle it since this is the first time I have ever taken him to anything like this but he was very well behaved and out seats were wonderful. We were in the first row of the lower balcony so there wasn't anyone in front of us, perfect.
We are big fans of the DVD's and the books so when we were given the opportunity to see the live show we couldn't pass it up. Coming from a theater background I was very impressed with the way they maneuvered all those motorized train engines on that stage without a single bump (at least as far as I could tell). I am so glad that I took my little man to see this show, I used to think these live kids shows were a bunch of hooey, but that isn't true at all. They are full on theatrical productions and if used properly these early experiences with live theater and parlay into a life long love of theater. I am hoping to expose my little guy to enough live productions that he appreciates the live experience and how it can be as much or more rewarding than sitting in front of a TV screen. Shows like this wonderful Thomas show can put him on the right path for just that. Plus this show was great because it was a musical. When do people start hating the musical? Kids sure love them, every kid in the arena was totally engaged in every song. See if Thomas and Friends a Circus Comes to Town is coming to a town near you by visiting this website. If they are you should definitely go and see it.




1 your two cents:

Kit said...

My toddler would love this too! We saw the poster ad in Hong Kong during a trip but the show was scheduled the week after.

Glad to hear that it's a proper theaterical production - I come from a similar background too and tend to view such productions with a highly critical eye esp for the prices they charge LOL

Hopefully, the team will come around again to whichever town we happen to be in. It'll be such a treat for my No. 1 Thomas fan :)

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 
 
 
Creative Commons License
This work by Rayna Nielsen is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.