What's on my nightstand this month

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

What's On Your Nightstand



Books I finished this month:

  • Leven Thumps and the Eyes of the Want by Obert Skye. I feel like I have been reading htis book forever. It was ok and every time I started reading it I would really get into the story again but it was so long that I had to put it down and when I did it was easy not to pick it up again. I really Loved the first book in this series so I will keep getting them until they are over, according to the back of this book there is another one coming out and according the Amazon it already came out last September (where have I been? oh yeah buried in the Eyes of the Want) So, I guess that one goes on my reading list now.
  • Fool: A Novel by Christopher Moore I love Christopher Moore. I have loved every single one of his books that I have read. I haven't read them all yet but I am working on it, this is his newest novel and it is one of his best. It is loosely based on King Lear but from the eyes of the Fool but even then quite a bit of it has nothing to do with Shakespeare at all but is just it's own thing and what a wonderful thing it is. I laughed out loud quite a few times causing my son to look at me funny and wonder if he should laugh or if I was just crazy. If enjoy reading fiction/Shakespeare/humor you will like this book and if you don't you should head straight to the Doctor and have your humors sorted out.

Books I am currently reading

  • Poemcrazy: Freeing Your Life with Words I am STILL in the middle of this one, it has been on my bookshelf for a few years now. I picked it up to try to jump start my writing but it is now buried under a Parents, Good Housekeeping and Playboy on the back of the toilet so we will see about this one. I feel bad about this one being on my currently reading list for two months now. I might finish it this month, we will see.
  • Love Song of J. Edgar Hoover (Kinky Friedman Novels) by Kinky Friedman. This one landed on my nightstand after Leven Thumps. I have had this book for a long time too. I am not loving it but it is an easy read so hopefully I will finish it soon and have more books on my finished list next month. It seems like a simple straight forward mystery except for the fact that it is fiction and the main character's name is Kinky Friedman just like the author maybe there will be a twist that will surprise me.
  • The Art of Happiness: A Handbook for Living by His Holiness the Dalai Lama. Truth be told I have only listened to two seconds of this audio book but I am really looking forward to the rest of it, I have wanted to read one of the Dalai Lama's books for a long time and finally I am.


Up Next: books I will be reading soon.
  • Dirty Little Angels by Chris Tusa. This one is I have in ebook format that I am greatly looking forward to as well. I am not sure what to expect from it storywise but just from what I have heard it will be a great read. I'll keep you all posted on this one, maybe I will have my Iphone soon so I can take it with me to read instead of having to have my laptop.
  • My Story: A Photographic Essay on Life with Multiple Sclerosis by Amelia Davis. This is an interesting one for me, I won this book in a giveaway. I don't know anyone who has MS, that I know of. but that is the thing there are people all over all around us living with diseases that we know nothing about, too often we don't learn about ailments until they strike us or someone very close to us no wonder people discriminate how can you not when you are ill informed? If an effort to be more open and knowledgeable I am looking forward to experiencing this book.


Now I have to ask...what are you reading? If you keep your own blog then I invite you to visit the 5minutesforbooks blog by clicking on the picture at the top of this post then write a post of your own if you don't have your own blog then please leave me a comment telling me what you are reading now.

1 your two cents:

I've never read anything by the Dalai Lama, but I would be very interested-- thanks for the tip.

Happy reading!

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin
 
 
 
Creative Commons License
This work by Rayna Nielsen is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.